Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Apr 2, 2009

Day 92: Kind Ale

Name: Kind Ale

Brewer: Mountain Sun Brewery - Boulder, CO

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: ?%


Review: Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I'm not really sure if this is a picture of the Annapurna or the Kind Ale, so I simply used it for both reviews. The Kind Ale is the beer from Mountain Sun that really was the cat's pajamas. It had a dark amber color with medium carbonation and appeared to have a piney hop aroma. Kind of herbal. The feel was again a bit thin and watery, but it had a remarkably clean hoppy flavor. While the hops were the focus of the beer, they helped dial it back a bit with a good use of fruity malt flavor. Again, I was very impressed. I'm sure Mountain Sun's beers can vary from batch to batch, and given the excitement of being in Boulder and the freshness of the beers, my reviews may be a bit skewed. So, if you're seriously interested in corroborating my review or offering a different opinion, then please head to Boulder and try them for yourself. Props to Hemme for informing me about Mountain Sun. It was a 3 block walk away from where I was crashing for the weekend. If I left without experiencing this place I would have never forgiven myself.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad you enjoyed mountain sun. Its a fun little spot. Pretty good atmosphere with the beer, food, music. Next time Im in that area Im going to try and take a ride up to the Oskar Blues brewery which is supposed to be a great time.