Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2009

Day 91: Annpurna Amber

Name: Annapurna Amber

Brewer: Mountain Sun Brewery - Boulder, CO

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: 6%


Review: Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. I went to Boulder, sampled a number of Mountain Sun brews and TOTALLY forgot to review them immediately. How could a commit such a reprehensible error??? I'm not sure how to count this. I tried 6 or 7 of their beers, but only really reviewed a few of them, because some were simply 'ok'. I guess if I end up short at the end of the year, I can buy an easy 4 or 5 days of beers. So, my favorite of the Mountain Sun brews was the Annapurna Amber Ale. I'm not even sure that it's their most renowned, or the highest rated per Beer Advocate (I'll check after I write this review). So obviously it's an amber colored ale with a sweet fruity malty aroma. The mouth feel was a bit thinner than I expected it to be but had a very smooth mouth feel. The flavor was simple, but very pleasant. It had a sweet full "ale" flavor with some fruitiness and a strogn hop presence to balance it out. In my opinion, an excellent ale. Definitely try this one if you can.

Rating: 4.5/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: