Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Apr 3, 2009

Day 93-96: Mountain Sun Sampler

Name: Mountain Sun Sampler

Brewer: Mountain Sun Brewery - Boulder, CO

Style: Various

Alcohol Content: Various


Review:Let's try something new. Because I have a number of average beers to review, I'll consolidate it into one entry. I'm trying to publish some work right now and finding that I have a lot to say... a little too much. This will be a good exercise in precision and word choice.

Blackberry Wheat: Pink/Red wheat beer with a typical wheat beer aroma and some fruitiness. It has some tartness to it, but lacks some raspberry punch that I was expecting. Quite drinkable for a flavored wheat, but just not what I was hoping for.

3/5

Claymore Scotch Ale: Dark Brown beer with low carbonation. Some dark toffee notes appear in the aroma. It goes down smooth with a bitter toasty flavor. It's not particularly great at anything though. Just ok.

2.5/5

Isadore Java Porter: Another dark beer, but with a thick creamy head because of the nitrous tap. I need to experiment with nitrous. It adds HP to your engine and thickens the head on your beer. It probably also does your homework, calls your girlfriend, takes out the garbage, gets you high, and makes slap bracelets cool again. The Isadore has a strong coffee aroma. Something I wouldn't have really appreciated about 3 or 4 years ago, but now I rather enjoy it. I would describe the flavor as "alcoholic coffee", with a malty coffee finish. Pretty tasty

3.5/5

Quinns Golden Ale: No review. Nothing special. Light, crisp, forgetful.

2.5/5


Rating: See reviews

Recommend? Skip the Coors brewery tour and head right for Mountain Sun instead.

No comments: