Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Apr 8, 2009

Day 98: Optimator

Name: Optimator

Brewer: Spaten

Style: Doppelbock

Alcohol Content: 7.2%


Review: I won't even pretend to keep up with this website. I'm busier than than a black lab in a buttsniffing competition. So the optimator is a dobbelbock. I'm not of a Bock guy. A little sweet for my taste. Optimator is brown and not very carbonated. Has a bit of a british hop aroma, but Bocks are all about Malt. Smooth, medium mouth feel. Initially a very sweet barley flavor that dies quickly into a smooth toastier sweet malt. It's a simple but good flavor, just not really my style. The finish gets a bit too sweet for me. I'm sure it's a decent bock, but I don't care to have one again.

Rating: 3.5/5

Recommend? Sure. I don't care for it, but bock lovers might appreciate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, didn't like. Missing the updates on the beer list though. April??? Seriously? It's practically September!

Ben said...

Yeah, I'm not a big Bock guy, so I wasn't sure if I felt indifferent about this beer because I don't care for Bocks.

And you're right, I'm nearly irrevocably behind on this blog. I have a huge backlog. My apologies.