Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Jan 15, 2009

Day 15: Bell's Amber Ale

Name: Bell's Amber Ale

Brewer: Bell's Brewery - Kalamazoo, MI

Style: Amber Ale

Alcohol Content: 5.8%


Review: Here's an amber ale that I had higher expectations for. I've heard good things about Bell's Brewery and I was very satisfied with the Brown Ale, but the Amber ale was not memorable. Compared to the brown, there is less of a caramel aroma while maintaining some hints of fruit. At first taste, the beer makes you think "mmm, Bell's", but by the end of the glass I was left feeling the beer was a bit too sweet without enough hops to balance out the experience. A decent Amber ale, but not the type of beer I prefer. I think a majority of beer drinkers might still enjoy this beer, so I'm not entirely condemning it.

Rating: 3/5

Recommend? MAYBE

No comments: