Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Jan 21, 2009

Day 21: Belhaven Scottish Ale

Name: Belhaven Scottish Ale

Brewer: Belhaven Brewery - Dunbar, UK

Style: Scottish Ale

Alcohol Content: 5.2%


Review: The last of Danny's and my evening of burgers and beer (thanks again, Danny). A subgroup of ales that don't ever really appeal to me. I'm also not familiar with their classification, like committing your life to studying kinetics of cortical osteons as they relate to Wolff's law. Seriously? This beer has a mild aroma, light citrus flavor, smooth frothy texture, and pretty much just too sweet for me to accept it as an ale. I like the ass-kicker ales. If you really like Scottish beers, then just drive south from Belhaven for an hour or two and drink some New Castles. Other reviews seem to like this beer though; as Levar Burton would say "But you don't have to take MY word for it".

Rating: 2/5

Recommend? NO

No comments: