Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Jan 19, 2009

Day 19: Red Rocket Ale

Name: Red Rocket Ale

Brewer: Bear Republic Brewery - Cloverdale Ca

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: 6.8%


Review: Claimed to be the beer for mountain bikers and named after my childhood pet's penis, the Red Rocket Ale might pair well with the former without tasting anything like the latter (I'm just guessing about the latter). It does taste a bit grassy and with some fine sediment due to the bottle aging. I enjoyed the sweet hoppy aroma. It does make me think that drinking this beer after a sweaty x-country bike race would be appropriate. Of course at that point almost any beer would taste amazing. That said, I'm not sure how to classify this beer. An American Red Ale? A Scottish Ale? There was enough caramel sweetness and grassy hops to compete with each other and make this beer very drinkable. The hops win the final sprint to the finish and keep the end of this beer race dry.

Rating: 3.5/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: