Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Jan 20, 2009

Day 20: Double Dog Pale Ale

Name: Double Dog Pale Ale

Brewer: Flying Dog Brewery - Frederick, MD

Style: Pale Ale

Alcohol Content: 11.5%


Review: I have fond memories of drinking the Flying Dog Flaming Dog in Heat Wheat Beer at the Downtown Mall in Charlottesville, VA - circa 2002. It might mark my first memorable experience with "Good" Beer. Flying Dog might be a brewery I want to look into some more. The Double Dog certainly lives up to expectations. Expectations are that this will be a mouth-kicking ale. It has a bitter hoppy aroma with detectable alcohol, but remaining to be temptingly sweet. The flavor hints at some citrusy hops without the grassiness of the Bear Republic Ale. It even makes your cheeks pucker if you swish it in your mouth. There's no hint about the alcohol content, you're always made aware that this beer with eff you up... from start to finish. This isn't your grandmother's pale ale, unless of course your grandmother is an alcoholic, or a dude. In either case I feel sorry for you. I don't recommend running out and buying this beer immediately, but if it's been a rough week and you're sitting down to a plate of sausage and cheese then give this beer a shot.

Rating: 3.5/5

Recommend? MAYBE

No comments: