Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Jan 23, 2009

Day 23: St. Peter's India Pale Ale

Name: St. Peter's India Pale Ale

Brewer: St. Peter's Brewery - Suffolk, UK

Style: India Pale Ale

Alcohol Content: 5.5%


Review: I take back what I say about 5.5% alcohol being a bit low for an IPA. Sorry about that. After drinking the whole bottle of St. Peter's IPA I'm feeling a bit dizzy. This did not bode well for my house poker game. A golden glow introduces this beer, along with a finger or two of head. The beer has a weak, fruity, zesty aroma, and yet again a flavor that I can't seem to describe other than being characteristically British, almost Heineken-esque. I really need to investigate the different UK hops. It might be the Northdown or Fuggle hops that create this flavor. I'll get back to you on that. I don't really feel like finishing this review, so let's use our imaginations instead. If you want a Heineken with a bit more hoppy bitterness and a slightly higher alcohol content, then congratulations you've found your perfect beer. For me, there are too many other delicious IPAs to drink; I'll spend my money on something other than the St Peter's IPA. P.S. If girls with big boobs work at Hooters, where do girls with one leg work? ...IHOP.

Rating: 2.5/5

Recommend? MAYBE

2 comments:

Paul said...

23 days into the new year, 23 beers down. You're right on pace!

Ben said...

Indeed! Thank you for the anonymous support.