Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Jan 18, 2009

Day 18: Ommegang Abbey Ale

Name: Ommegang Abbey Ale

Brewer: Brewery Ommegang - Cooperstown, NY

Style: Belgian Dubbel

Alcohol Content: 8.5%


Review: Some lacing, some chill haze, some toffee and fruity raisin aromatic characteristics, some ephemeral wafts of alcohol. I'd say that a "little of everything" characterizes this beer, making it a representative Abbey Dubbel. Overall, this is a sweet medium-to-full-bodied beer with a pleasant hopless finish. Oh, and it gives you a nice warm numbing feeling in your limbs. Another fine offering from Ommegang.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: