Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 9, 2009

Day 40: Trappist Ale Dubbel

Name: Trappist Ale Dubbel

Brewer: Westmalle Brewery

Style: Belgian-style dubbel

Alcohol Content: 7%


Review: Hey folks, remember me? Sorry I haven't posted in a while. As you can tell, I drink these beers and post the reviews on my own whim, but claim to drink one each day and immediately post my thoughts (through careful manipulation of date/time stamp). It's been a long two weeks. The flu, a couple nights of karaoke and shots, a bashed side-view mirror, crunching data, well, you get the idea. Anyway, my palate's a bit rusty, but let's give this dubbel a go, shall we?

Careful pouring this beer. The bottle fermentation can cause a lot of effervescence. That's ok, it just allowed me to start drinking this beer quicker. This is a fine example of a dubbel. A sweet, fruity, caramel aroma, with tiny hints of chocolate characterize this beer. The mouth feel is smooth, with a medium body flavor. There is very little bitterness, and some apparent leftover alcohol flavor upon finish. Luckily I only have one beer on hand, otherwise I could see myself cracking open a 2nd or 5th one of these. Since my ass is just about healed, and we had a streak of warm weather here recently (recently, meaning mid Feb) I've been feeling the itch to drink somewhat heavily. Since I have a lot of work to get done over the next few weeks I should probably keep those feelings under control. We'll see how that goes.

Rating: 4.25/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: