Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 11, 2009

Day 42: Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale

Name: Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale

Brewer: Stone Brewery - San Diego, CA

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: 7.2% 


Review: This beer comes recommended from my friend Raz who is living Three's company style in San Diego with his girlfriend and my ex-girlfriend. Crazy how things work out right? Not only is that a potentially cool living situation, he also lives near Stone Brewery. Double win. He actually recommended the Oaked Double Arrogant Bastard Ale. Again, something one can only find in San Diego at the brewery. The single bastard will have to do. The aroma is full and rich with sweet hoppy caramel notes, oak, and maybe even a small hint of diacetyl (aka butterscotch). The color is a deep maroon/brown. This ale has a good medium mouth feel with characteristics of really a brown ale. It's richer and sweeter than I would expect for just an ale. It must be the oak wood chips that add this extra body. Stone won't release the IBU rating for this beer, though I would probably guess it's in the upper 90s. Being well-developed, there is a strong sweet malt to pair with the mild-to-strong hops, leaving a not-so-dry finish. That finish also brings with it the beer's flavor, settling on the back of the tongue. This makes me want to drink more of it. I imagine the double bastard must be amazing, but for now the single will do. Oh, and that beer picture comes c/o my new iPhone. Snazzy bit of engineering the iPhone is. 

Rating: 4.25/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: