Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 27, 2009

Day 58: La Chouffe

Name: La Chouffe

Brewer:  Brasserie d'Achouffe - Belgium

Style: Belgian Golden Ale

Alcohol Content: 8%


Review: This ends the Philly portion of our beer reviews. The last one I tried was the La Chouffe. As expected, this beer has a golden color with a spicy lemony aroma. It's brewed with coriander and other spices, and it shows. The mouthfeel is somewhat yeasty and medium-bodied with a light lemony banana flavor. That same fruity flavor lasts through the finish, but fades fast. I'm not a Golden Ale fan, but the La Chouffe was quite pleasant, with a bit of an alcoholic kick to boot! Pun intended.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: