Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 14, 2009

Day 44: Stone Ruination IPA

Name: Ruination IPA

Brewer: Stone Brewery - San Diego, CA

Style: India Pale Ale

Alcohol Content: 7.7%


Review: Happy Hallmark Holiday, bitches. The girlfriend's parents took us out to Home Grown for dinner. I'm a fan of their food and beers, but not their patrons. I always feel out of place if I don't have a bull ring in my nose, dress in all black, cut myself, or anything like that. Again, I'll praise their beers. Not a huge selection, but a good revolving selection for downtown Newark, DE. At 100+ IBUs, the ruination IPA is a badass beer. Cloudy orange color, thin carbonated head, about one finger or so. There's a citrusy aroma. The mouth feel is a bit thin, but it's still smooth, with a good malt/hop balance. The alcohol is well-masked and with a good malt balance this is a very drinkable beer. I quite liked it.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: