Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 28, 2009

Day 59: Odell's IPA

Name: Odell's IPA

Brewer: Odell's Brewing Co - Fort Collins, CO

Style: India Pale Ale

Alcohol Content: 7%


Review: And so begins the Colorado portion of my beer adventure. I had a nerdy conference to attend in Denver, and was super pumped to try some new beers. I mean 3-cans-of-red-bull-I-got-a-new-blowout-haircut-and-am-on-a-new-cycle-of-steroids-Statin-Island-Guido pumped. That's a lot of pumped. Sadly, my trip did not start out as planned. First, the cab driver who dropped me off at my $60/night Ramada had two bags of sand in his trunk adorned with drawings of ejaculating penises. And at the front desk of the 'hotel' were a couple of cops accosting some drugged-out dude. The cops recommended that I move to another hotel. I obliged. 

After a rough start, I settled in to my new hotel room and hit the town. Stop #1 was dinner at a restaurant on 16th whos name escapes me. What I do recall is the Odell's IPA that I drank. Oh man did that hit the spot. It's a golden-to-orange IPA with just enough head and some attractive lacing. What I love about a good IPA is the powerful aroma. The Odell had strong sweet malt and hop aroma with obvious caramel and citrus notes. The mouth feel was quite smooth for an IPA, and a little less bite than I expected. I was not let down by the flavor. It had a very well developed malt with great hop balance. It does seem a bit low on the hop side of things, but this doesn't cause any problems to me. The flavor is complex and developed and makes this a beer that I could drink all night long.

Rating: 4.5/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: