Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 25, 2009

Day 57: Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale

Name: Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale

Brewer: Yards Brewing Company - Philadelphia, PA

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: 8%


Review: Expectations were running high. I had just polished off the respectable Dunkel Lager. I'm not a lager fan, but I found it to be a solid choice. On top of that, I had gravitated to the Tavern Ale because the bottle contained the visage of one of my idols: Thomas Jefferson. I had attended TJ's University, visited his home, and understood his impact on history. Sadly, TJ can't be around to emancipate himself from the Tavern Ale. If he were here today he might pen Yards Brewering Company a written smackdown, chock full of "Thouest"s and pre-victorian "Eff You"isms. The Tavern ale, is merely a pedestrian ale marketed towards the modern-day renassaince man. The tavern ale is a dark orange ale with a mild aroma and slightly fruity malt notes. A thin to medium mouthfeel is present along with a good - albeit weak - flavor. Not what I would expect from a strong golden ale. It could use some brighter flavors and a little more strength and character to be a great ale. All in all, good, but in light of TJ's reputation it's just not up to par.

Rating: 2.5/5

Recommend? NO

No comments: