Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 17, 2009

Day 48: Dirty Hoe

Name: Dirty Hoe

Brewer: Hoegaarden and Lindeman's

Style: Blend

Alcohol Content: ?


Review: Ok, so today's review is in regards to a somewhat-anomalous beer - the Dirty Hoe. I think there are two varieties of this blend: (1) One part Hoegaarden and one part Guiness or (2) two parts Hoegaarden and one part Linedeman's Framboise. I sampled the latter at Kildare's Irish Pub. Why Kildare's doesn't serve the guiness style Dirty Hoe is confusing. Of course this is also an "Irish Pub" that plays techno music during dinner and serves less-than-impressive gastro pub fare. It's only mid February and I'm already stretching the limits to find new beers to drink when I'm out at the bar. I figure I can get clever and start mixing alcohols and claim them as unique brews. I promise I won't do it too often. The Dirty Hoe could be a worthy review, but it's all too-often blended with an improper balance between the two ingredients. My most recent tasting of the Dirty Hoe revealed too much Framboise and too little Hoegaarden. It was very very sweet and kind of killed what's special about Framboise and what's special about Hoegaarden. I'm sure it's a big sell among the college kids. It's tasty, but only in small quantities. It's comparable to drinking a glass of red velvet cake with raspberry icing. That's not a bad thing perse, just not my m.o.

Rating: 1/5

Recommend? NO

No comments: