Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Feb 10, 2009

Day 41: Hop Rod Rye

Name: Hop Rod Rye

Brewer: Bear Republic Brewery

Style: India Pale Ale

Alcohol Content: 8%


Review: I'm officially back at it. I vow to catch back up with my drinking. As an avid hop fan (the non-herbal variety), I was pleased with the Hop Rod Rye. It's of the caliber of the Red Rocket Ale that I previously reviewed, with milder hops. They're still potent, but of a different variety. The addition of rye adds another level of complexity that I'm not quite sure I can express correctly. This beer looks like cranberry juice with a foamy head and creamy lacing. I enjoy the thorough bite from start to finish, but with less potency. The mouth feel is medium-to-thick, with a sweet caramel and hoppy finish. It would pair well with spicy dishes, but after finishing my pasta I'm finding that this beer can stand up by itself as stand-alone beverage. 

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: