Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 1, 2009

Day 60: Corsendonk Abbey Brown Ale

Name: Corsendonk Abbey Brown Ale

Brewer: Corsendonk Brewery - Belgium

Style: Belgian Ale

Alcohol Content: 6.7%


Review: Stop #2 for the night was the Cheeky Monk Belgian Beer Cafe on Colfax Ave. Colfax makes up the edgier part of town. This is where my first 'hotel' was located, and where I would also be offered a prostitute later that night. No thanks. The Cheeky Monk is a worthy stop if you don't mind the local Vagrants. They're pretty harmless in my opinion, considering the other cities I've visited.  Being a Monday night, I had the place to myself. I chatted up the bartender and settled on ordering the Abbey Brown Ale. I was only mildly impressed with the beer. It's a smooth ale with a mildy alcoholic and slightly oaky aroma. There are some liquorish and chocolate notes to the flavor which help make this otherwise-pedestrian belgian ale shine. The finish is smooth, but watery. Overall, this beer is forgettable. 

Rating: 3/5

Recommend? NO

No comments: