Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 9, 2009

Day 68: Sunshine Wheat

Name: Sunshine Wheat

Brewer: New Belgium

Style: Wheat

Alcohol Content: 4.8%


Review: Alright, for my few avid readers, you have noticed that I have not published anything in weeks, despite the manufactured "post" date. To you, I apologize. Let's fly through these next 10 or so reviews, shall we? Sunshine Wheat: clearer color than I would expect from a wheat beer, though I did have it from a bottle, so my view may have been distorted. There's an expected lemony-grain aroma and a pretty thin mouth feel. Wheat beers seem to be a bit heartier in that area.The flavor is quite good. I was a wheat beer fan when I was a beer drinking neophyte, but since then I've moved on to beefier brews. I will have to admit, the Sunshine Wheat had a crisp , yeasty, citrusy flavor with a pretty clean finish. Most wheat beers seem to leave me with too much citrus at the finish, but New Belgium dialed this one in to be fairly crisp. This will make a fine summer beer for both you and your old lady.

Rating: 3.75/5

Recommend? YES. Toss a couple in your pannier for the bike ride home.

No comments: