Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 13, 2009

Day 72: Devotion Ale

Name: Devotion Ale

Brewer: The Lost Abbey - San Marcos, CA

Style: Belgian Ale

Alcohol Content: 6.4%


Review: Oh man, TWO pictures. Yes, I posted two pictures in reference to this beer because it marked a very special moment during my trip to Boulder. Colorado State is blessed with an alcohol warehouse known as liquormart. Here you can find all of those specialty brews that are not sold east of the Mississippi. Because I did not have enough time to drink every single beer in the store I had to choose a select few. The first one that cracked open was the Devotion Ale. I was still visiting my friends, and Megan just served a delicious lasagna. I'm drooling thinking about it again. Anyway, The devotion ale has a golden orange color and lemony and slightly yeasty aroma. After pouring it into my mouth I noticed the medium and slightly-tangy mouthfeel. the flavor was smooth, citrusy, and somewhat yeasty. This makes a good golden Belgian Ale. If I had to give this beer a label other than "Belgian Ale" I'd say that it's most like a Belgian Single, much like Chimay. Singles aren't my favorite Belgian beers, but the Devotion Ale might change that.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES. Unless you live out west, good luck finding it.

No comments: