Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 12, 2009

Day 71: White Rascal

Name: White Rascal

Brewer: Avery Brewing - Boulder, CO

Style: Belgian Wheat

Alcohol Content: 5.6%


Review: I think I sampled this beer somewhere in Boulder. I had dinner with some friends of friends and they offered me this. In return I brought over a couple bottles of some tasty ass stuff, which will be reviewed very soon. The White rascal is a Belgian white, meaning there's gonna be some coriander and citrus in there. I'm not a huge fan of this style. I usually get overpowered with sweet tangy citrus. White Rascal has that medium body, tangy mouthfeel and aroma, but does a good job at balancing the sweet citrus with the spicy coriander and other ingredients. It's not so tart for a whit. It might not stand up against some of the powerhouse Belgian Whit's, but in terms of drinkability, I think this beer has a good flavor.

Rating: 3/5

Recommend? MAYBE. For a good summertime wheat/whit I recommend it. For the hardcore beer connoisseurs, look elsewhere.

No comments: