Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 27, 2009

Day 86: Redhook ESB

Name: Redhook ESB

Brewer: Redhook Ale Brewery - Washington

Style: ESB

Alcohol Content: 5.8%


Review: You know what ESB means? I didn't really know until I looked it up right before trying this beer. It means Extra 'Special' Bitter. Maybe it's to make the beer feel better about itself, like the special olympics. Note: I think the special olympics is a great thing, but let's be honest, they'll never be able to compete against world-class athletes. I'm really curious to find out if there's a prodigy ESB out there. The Redhook cannot compete. It's an orange/red colored brew with a caramel sweet aroma and light hops aroma. Thin mouthfeel, with some sweet low-level hops, some caramel flavor and slightly bitter. Probably a decent summer brew, but nothing special. I imagine some fans of the basic domestic beers will enjoy the Redhook ESB, but I can live without it.

Rating: 2.5/5

Recommend? NO.

No comments: