Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 25, 2009

Day 84: Westmalle Trappist Ale

Name: Westmalle Trappist Ale

Brewer: someone... - Belgium

Style: Trappist Ale

Alcohol Content: 9.5%


Review: I have not had the best experience with Trappist Ales, esp the sour ones. Westmalle is excellent however. Cloudy gold color with good head from some of the bottle fermentation. A citrusy yeasty aroma also masks some of the alcohol. The flavor is predictably citrusy and yeasty as well with a slight alcoholic bite. The alcohol content really seems to add a slight bite to the beer which I think pairs well with the rich malt. Overall very solid.

Rating: 4.25/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: