Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 23, 2009

Day 82: Ironbound Ale

Name: Ironbound Ale

Brewer: Iron Hill Brewery - Newark, DE

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: 5.1%


Review: First off, I must apologize. Credit for the Maudite recommendation belongs to Deb, and not Gifford (I apologize to both of you). Deb has recommended some solid beers. I never pegged her to house such great information, but I'm very impressed. So, as for the Ironbound Ale, I think I had dropped back into town from some sort of jaunt to a more exciting city and joined my old lady and her friend Anna for dinner. Iron Hill rarely impresses me with their beers, but their food is solid. So, the Ironbound Ale is your typical looking ale. Light amber color, medium carbonation, and a mildly hoppy aroma. Nothing crazy. Ironbound has a good light body with strong bitter hops, broad flavor spectrum, and some citrus notes. It's just sweet enough too to create a good balance, though the balance is not perfect. It's probably just a bit too hoppy. That's not a damming quality, but it could use a bit of refinement.

Rating: 3.75/5

Recommend? YES. In my opinion, this is Iron HIll's best offering. Chicks seem to really like the Raspberry wheat.

No comments: