Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 19, 2009

Day 78: Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Name: Hazelnut Brown Nectar

Brewer: Rogue Brewing Co - Oregon

Style: English Brown Ale

Alcohol Content: 6.2%


Review: Home Grown restaurant, here in Newark, does manage to choose some high quality beers. The Hazelnut Brown has a good following, but I'm not so keen on it. It's a low-carbonation brown ale with a unique weak nutty aroma. It has a smooth feel with just a small tingle. The flavor is that of a smooth brown ale, but with a very strong hazelnut flavor and a dry nutty finish. It's certainly well-brewed, but I'm not a huge fan of the hazelnut flavor. After a few sips, it became to overpowering. It paired well with my burger, but I'm not sure I would drink this one without a proper meal.

Rating: 3.5/5

Recommend? MAYBE. It's a good beer, but it really depends if you like the hazelnut flavor.

No comments: