Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 30, 2009

Day 89: Gonzo Imperial Porter

Name: Gonzo Imperial Porter

Brewer: Flying Dog Brewery

Style: Imperial Porter

Alcohol Content: 7.8%


Review: Apparently I really liked this beer. I almost forgot about it until just now. Black beer with low carbonation and strong alcoholic and toasty malt aroma. It's laden with crystal and chocolate malts as well as a ton of cascade hops. A good start. With a smooth feel and full body flavor, this is an excellent beer. The chocolate malt really shines through the most, and I detected some sort of fruity sweetness. It was probably derived somehow through the combination of malts, but it certainly creates a good complexity to what can typically be a more bitter combination of ingredients. Bravo

Rating: 4.5/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: