Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 6, 2009

Day 65: Blue Paddle

Name: Blue Paddle

Brewer: New Belgium Brewery

Style: Pilsner/Lager

Alcohol Content: 4.8%


Review: Let's be clear, some of you may or may not like this beer simply based on your experience with New Belgium's characteristically yeasty/biscuity flavor. You will most likely not enjoy this beer if your moniker begins with H and ends with emme. The Blue Paddle is pale-colored, biscuity beer. It's a lower-than-normal carbonated pilsner, with a refreshing and crisp finish. Everything else about this beer says "Fat Tire". For me, that's a good thing.

Rating: 4/5

Recommend? YES

1 comment:

Mike said...

You and your 'biscuit' flavor. First off I wouldn't say one could pour sausage gravy over this beer and it would be good. Second what sort of biscuit are we talking about? Delicious fluffy biscuits from the south or those things the English call biscuits. Furthermore, henceforth, and heretofore I like new belgium, specifically the 1554 and mothership wit. Also as promised I had a fat tire again last weekend, and I didnt exactly dislike it, but it just wasn't that exciting - good and easily drinkable. Also, you should try ska esb or modus operandi in a can, because they're both good and cans are fun. have a wonderful day.