Updates!

Beer Drinkers,

Please check out the new links on the right-hand toolbar. There, you will find the most amazing beers that I have experienced. These are beers that I suggest you get your shaky hands around before you die (i.e. asap). Please send me your comments so that I may post them on the site. Thank you.

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2009

Day 75: Old Viscosity Ale

Name: Old Viscosity Ale

Brewer: Port Brewing Company - San Marcos, CA

Style: Ale

Alcohol Content: 10%


Review: I was still in my refractory period after the double beergasm I just had when I cracked open the Old Viscosity Ale. I was getting drunker by the second and perhaps a bit unable to keep my palate clean. Still, I was able to recognize the Old Viscosity Ale as an excellent beer. Here's what I can discern from my notes. It's a black, low-carbonation ale, much like motor oil (hence the name and bottle art). The aroma is straight alcohol and chocolate with a smooth mouthfeel. The alcohol flavor penetrates through the toasty choclate hoppy flavor. Overall, very very good. Again, another reason to head to San Marcos, you know, aside from the amazing weather, surfing, atmosphere, etc etc.

Rating: 4.5/5

Recommend? YES

No comments: